Devon Bear Plea + Fatal Accident ID + Ohio Redistricting
Welcome back, Marietta! Catch up with you to start this Wednesday with full knowledge of the facts. These are the most important things going on around Marietta today.
First, what the next three days of weather will look like:
- Wednesday: Clear all day. High 93, low 67.
- Thursday: Wet and partly cloudy all day. High 91, low 69.
- Friday: Thunderstorms in the evening. High 87, low 72.
The cheapest gasoline in town:
- Speedway on Seventh Street, $ 2.97.
- Kroger on Acme Street, $ 2.97.
- GetGo on Pike Street, $ 2.97.
- Speedway on Second Street, $ 2.97.
- Pike Street Marathon, $ 2.97.
For a full list, click here
The average gas price in Ohio today is $ 2.91
Here are the best stories today in Marietta:
- Isaiah Campbell goes to jail for a savage attack on a man from Marietta. He pleaded guilty to assaulting Devon Bear with a baseball bat earlier this year. He will serve 2 to 8 years in prison. Two others still face charges in this case. (WTAP)
- Police are identifying the man killed in an accident in Williamstown. They say David Hearing, 55, was killed in a pedestrian-to-car crash on Monday. The accident investigation is ongoing. (WTAP)
- The redistribution will begin soon for the 99 Ohio State House districts and the 33 Senate districts. There will be 10 hearings on how the redistribution should play out, both in Southeast Ohio are going today. One will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at OU Zanesville. The second from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Rio Grande Community College. (WOUB)
- The OSU requires that all students and staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine. It is the first public university in the state to do so since the Pfizer vaccine received FDA approval.
- Belpre weighs $ 6 in rising water charges | News, Sports, Jobs (Marietta times)
Tired of overpaying for your prescriptions? BonRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies. Also works for pet medications! GoodRx is also helping bring the Daily to Marietta. Support our sponsor and see how much you can save by going to GoodRx.com.
From our local sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Real Estate Advantage, great people out there, if your looking for a house in town call them first.
- People’s Bank. Work together. Build success.
- And also KMA Auto. Looking for a car or a golf cart? ### a>
- Visit Marietta Ohio: “Mark your calendars for this year’s Ohio River Sternwheel Festival in Marietta, Ohio! The three-day festival is September 10-12. The festival has free shows all weekend, fireworks on Saturday … “(Facebook)
- Harmar Village – Marietta, Ohio: “109 Maple Street Harmar Village According to age we know it as Coca-Cola Restaurant & Museum. Others think, Maple Cafe, but the future of 109 will soon acquire a new identity. Hearing that the structure was recently sold[merciF”([thankyouf”([merciF”([thankyouf”(Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “Here is the bookmobile schedule for tomorrow, August 25th! An * means a stop at a private facility.” (Facebook)
- Memorial health system: “Join us for a FREE chair yoga class for our cancer patients! Reduce stress with three basic stretches and yoga poses can be performed from a chair or from the floor. Movements can be changed for everyone. When: The second and last Wednesday of t … ” (Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “If you’re interested, contact the Beverly Library to reserve your spot.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start Wednesday on the right foot! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Christophe schmitt
About me: Hi, I’m the Community Editor for Patch.com/marietta. I have lived in Marietta for most of my life. I graduated from EW Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York City to be a national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I can’t wait to take my experience home with me and provide Marietta with the exceptional journalism she deserves. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 740-516-4969.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]